Thursday, October 24, 2013

To Those Who Serve ver 1.0


I find that the news these days is pretty boring and quite depressing for the most part.  We don't actually have subscription TV in our house so I'm fortunate enough to not have to watch the news or the latest commercials.  And most newspapers are full or propaganda so we don't get much of that here either.  My Dad stopped by this morning and asked about it and it got me thinking.  So I mentioned my twitter feed.  To keep up with what's going on in the world I use twitter.  It's usually quicker and I can get many points of view instantaneously with little effort.  However, as mentioned earlier very rarely does it seem that the "news" is positive. I found that reflected in my blog. So today were going to dedicate a simple message to those who serve. 

I have a big heart for a lot of people.  And today I'm not leaving anybody out, but I do want to specifically say thank you to some a few groups of people.

I've always thought a lot about "blue collar workers" in our country. Construction!  They have taken a little bit of a beating in the past.  At least in pop media and even conversation.  But when's the last time you drove by a construction site and paid a little attention to what was going on.  Really watched what these men and women were putting themselves through every day for not much pay and no thanks.  This particular group of people sweat and bleed for a living...literally...and they will pay for it the rest of their lives with sore joints and bad backs.  Their skin is leather like from the son and callused.   So here's to those that build!  Without them we would all be sitting in the dirt. 

How often to secretaries get overlooked.  The people that have to put up with the people in charge.  Often working countless hours, on the phone and computer all day.  Then on the other end of their job they get to deal with US...THE PUBLIC!  The very rarely receive any grace for a job in which they often have very little control and yet are the front line of defense to the public today.  They have to make schedules work, meetings happen and all while on the phone and dealing with two or three other people while standing in the office.  They make most of the things in life that we take advantage of just a little smoother and happier for us.  So here's to the secretaries! 

The last group of today is very special to me.  I am a big fan of veterans.  But I have a special place in my heart for Vietnam Veterans!  Every veteran of foreign wars is an amazing person.  But today I want to say a special thanks to those who gave their lives in Vietnam.  And by gave their lives I don't just mean died.  You will learn if you get to know me that I believe every person who has served in the military gave their lives.    Whether for 1 min or for eternity.  These people fought and served in an unforgiving land.  During a time when for the first time in history they received little support from back home.   In my humble opinion these are truly unique warriors and have served us in a way that we will never understand.  So next time you see a Vietnam Vet say thank you.  So here's to you Vietnam Vet's!

It's nice to have some positive thoughts every once in a while.  If you have stories about some of the individuals above, comment bellow.  Or if you want to say thanks to a group of people who should get recognized more often now is great time.  This is only version 1.0, so doing worry!  I love to give credit where credit is often missed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very thankful for those people too.I like this "thankful" attitude. It's important in this crazy fast world.

    ReplyDelete